Investors in People
Investors in People is a national standard enabling ANY business to improve its
performance. It is controlled by the Business Links and the Learning and Skills
Councils (LSCs) and is aimed at ensuring that business goals and objectives are
properly set and clearly communicated to ALL employees, so that they, as individuals,
understand how they must contribute.
How do we help Companies?
- Performing a 'Gap Analysis' against the requirements of the Standard
- Assisting with the implementation of the system i.e. Appraisal training
- Performing a 'Dummy Assessment' just prior to the Assessment 'proper'
- Integrating IIP systems with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 management systems
The organisation commits to developing & training its employees to ensure they have
the necessary skills to achieve its business plan, and then evaluates its investment
in training & development against actual performance.
The four steps to successful Assessment:
- Commitment: The Managing Director/Senior Partner/Owner of the organisation sends
a 'Letter of Commitment' to the Chief Executive of the local TEC.
- Planning: The organisation is assessed against the standard at all staff levels
to identify existing gaps and an Action Plan is compiled to address any discrepancies.
A Business Plan is then complied stating Short, Medium & Long Term Objectives
- Action: The Business Plan is communicated to ALL employees and their individual
training needs are identified. Training & Development Plans are prepared for each
- Evaluation: Evaluate the effects of training against individual performance & overall
- Enhanced financial performance
- Greater efficiency, increased productivity & improved quality
- Enhanced ability to meet customers requirements
- Employee motivation, commitment & flexibility
- Produce & attract higher quality employees
- Reduce staff turnover & absenteeism
Is Help available?
Rosewood Management Services has assisted many companies to implement
the requirements of the Investors in People standard.