RKMS offer a wide range of training courses – from general awareness to internationally recognised NEBOSH qualifications. Our class room based courses are also supported by a wide portfolio of eLearning courses. We are a City & Guilds and Highfield approved training centre. All our courses can be delivered at our state of the art training facilities or at your premises.
Emergency First Aid At Work – Level 3 Award : Highfield ABC Accredited Short Course
This qualification is ideal for those already working, or preparing to work within industry wishing to become a First Aider in the workplace for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982. Topics covered include: the roles and responsibilities of the First Aider; assessing an incident, recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness, assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness, chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
How The Course Works
Group activities, discussion, workbooks and practical workshop. This course is assessed by a practical and theoretical test. This course is assessed by a practical and theoretical test. Participants will be able to:
– Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider and assess an incident
– Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally/abnormally
– Deal with choking, bleeding, shock & minor injuries
– Deal with injuries to muscles, bones and joints.
– Provide first aid to suspected head & spinal injuries
– Provide first aid to casualty with suspected chest injuries, burns and scalds, sudden poisoning, anaphylaxis, major illness
Learners successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress onto further qualifications, such as:
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)