RKMS offer a wide range of training courses – from general awareness to internationally recognised NEBOSH qualifications. Our class room based courses are also supported by a wide portfolio of eLearning courses. We are a City & Guilds and Highfield approved training centre. All our courses can be delivered at our state of the art training facilities or at your premises.
Personal Licence Holders – Level 2 Award : Highfield ABC Accredited Short Course
This qualification is aimed at individuals working in, or preparing to work in, any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol.
Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licensed premises must hold a personal licence.
How The Course Works
Group activities, discussion & workbooks. It is assessed by a one-hour, 40 question multiple choice examination. Participants will be able to understand the:
– Nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
– Application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
– Legal duties of a personal licence holder
– Roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
– Nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
– Law in relation to premises licences.
Individuals achieving this qualification will be able to progress to further learning areas, including:
- Qualifications for Designated Premises Supervisors
- NVQs or apprenticeships in hospitality or retail