The internet and cyberspace has revolutionised the way many businesses operate with over 2 billion users worldwide the internet is powering economic growth. Unfortunately many criminals also see this opportunity for them to make quick money – Cyber Essentials aims to tackle this problem.
The UK Government have developed a new standard to assist business to be prepared for cyber security and are actively promoting this to small business. Some larger organisations are now starting to make this mandatory for their supply chain. This can be externally assessed and certified by a UKAS accredited Certification Body.
The Cyber Essentials standard is basically a more simplistic version of ISO27001 and covers 5 main areas as detailed below:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Secure configuration
- User access control
- Malware protection
- Patch management
Relatively simple controls need to be established to ensure the security of your IT, this is also good business practice and many small businesses will already have most of this in place.
RKMS services relating to Information Security include:
- Gap Analysis to identify your current position Development of a project plan including all documentation requirements and timelines for completion
- Awareness and overview training with company personnel
- Design and development of the ISMS including risk assessment, statement of applicability and policies Implementation assistance
- Internal auditing of the ISMS and pre-assessment audit
Contact us to talk to someone about protecting your business.
Download the Cyber Essentials Standard fact sheet.